Overview of the scholarship
Once again, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) is hosting postdoctoral scholarships for Canadian permanent residents and citizens. SSHRC aims to support dedicated Canadian scholars in their postdoctoral programs in humanities as social sciences. The program hopes to establish a research base for students at a crucial time during their research careers. The fellowships granted value $45,000 annually for between 12 and 24 months.
The SSHRC is a federal research funding agency that supports students in their post-secondary education research and training for both social sciences and humanities.
- Application Deadline: September 16, 2021
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to students enrolled in postdoctoral research programs at any foreign or Canadian university or research institution.
- Study Subject: scholarships being offered are for students enrolled in social science and humanities.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships are $45,000 annually. The fellowships can be accessed online.
- Number of Scholarships: NA
- Nationality: only Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for the scholarships being offered by SSHRC.
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada and overseas
Eligibility of the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: the fellowships are offered in social science and humanities courses.
- Admissible Criteria: the applicant must be either a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada, must have finalized arrangements to enroll in and be affiliated to any particular recognized research institute or university, and should not have more than twice for the SSHRC postdoctoral fellowships previously.
- How to Apply: in order to apply for the SSHRC fellowships, candidates must fill in the application form according to the given instructions and submit the form to SSHRC electronically. The applications need to be submitted before the deadline at all costs.
- Supporting Documents: the required documents include; a CV, Research Appraisal form, 2 letters of appraisal, and the Institutional Nomination and Commitment form. All these documents need to be submitted with the application form.
- Admission Requirements: candidates need to have received a master’s degree from any recognized university.
- Language Requirement: good written and spoken English is a necessity.
A CV, Research Appraisal form, 2 letters of appraisal, and the Institutional Nomination and Commitment form need to be submitted with the application form.
[button color=”green” size=”big” link=” https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/programs-programmes/fellowships/postdoctoral-postdoctorale-eng.aspx#pid ” icon=”” target=”true”]Apply Now[/button]