Overview of the Scholarship
The foundation of the Republic of Austria was established in 2005 by the Austrian National Council to financially support international students. It provides scholarships in all education fields. The foundation was specifically funded to assist the progenies of the laborers or people who suffered a great deal in the Nazi regime. The students must not have been academically or professionally active in Austria for six months before applying for the scholarship.
Also, language, mostly English, requirements are to be met to get the scholarship and study in Austrian universities.
- Application Deadline: 1st March 2020
- Course Level: Diploma research, Master’s thesis program and dissertations.
- Study Subject: Major science fields including natural sciences, technical sciences, human medicine, and health sciences, agricultural and social sciences, arts and humanities.
- Scholarship Award: Funds include
- Monthly installment of 1050 EUR throughout the program
- Health insurances
- Accommodation with the OeAD Housing office
- Travel amounts; vary depending on the nationality of the student
- Number of Scholarships: Not specific
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in: Austrian universities, national library, archive, and Austrian academy of sciences
Eligibility of the Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, a student must:
- Be a non-Austrian
- Be from a family of forced laborers or the people who were victimized in the Nazi era
- Not be academically (for research) and professionally indulged in Austria before getting the aid
- Doctoral students must not be older than 40 years of age at the time of application submission, non-doctoral students must not be older than 35 years
- English or other language requirements must be met
- Application form (completed)
- A thorough project/research plan
- Two recommendation letters from the institute professors with no specific format; letterhead and stamp of the university is enough, as old as six months before applying
- Confirmation by the supervisor of the selected university
- Passport picture or scan detailing candidate’s credentials
- Graduation certificate of your most recent degree from a university outside Austria
- For members of the laborers’ family, a photocopy or proof documents of information.
Register and complete the online application form and submit along with the required documents.APPLY NOW