Overview of scholarship
Ruhr University Bochum in Germany provides various scholarships for students from around the globe. Applicants from all countries are welcomed to apply for the International Student Fellowship at Ruhr University Bochum. The high standards of education and the diverse environment makes the whole study experience at this university an outstanding one.
RUB is a very successful university especially with regards to its research. This is largely due to the fact that the university has close connections between the disciplines on the ground and enables it to respond adaptably to current research queries. Due to this approach, RUB has successfully secured a place in the top most powerful international scientific institutes for research.
- Application Deadline: Currently open for applications. Students are hence encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for students who intend to pursue their studies by enrolling in Ph.D. programs.
- Study Subject: The fellowships give talented international students a unique opportunity to become familiar with foreign lab, the SFB 874 research topics and to learn the much-needed skills that are crucial to commence a Ph.D. project in the SFB.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship provides applicants with 1300 € for a maximum of 6 months which is exclusive of health insurance costs. Added to this theoretical and practical training in the research field of SFB 874 is provided. Students get the unique experience of working in close collaboration with state of art technology and have connections with renowned scientists. Moreover, the most fascinating part is that students tend to experience social and cultural life of RUB and Bochum city.
- Number of scholarships: Number has not been specified.
- Nationality: Students belonging from all countries around the world are invited to apply regardless of their ethnicity.
- Scholarship can be taken in
Eligibility of scholarship
Students from all around the world are warmly welcomed to apply. Applicants must meet the compulsory criteria of not having been lived in Germany previously.
As applicants from different parts of the world are invited hence those whose first language is not English are in most cases required to give a piece of evidence that they are proficient in communicating in English at the higher level as per the University’s requirement.
The application procedure for applying for the International Student Fellowship at Ruhr University Bochum in Germany is rather an easy process for the students that does not require a lengthy process or any extensive documents or paperwork. Applications may be submitted at any time via sfb874-irtg-at-rub.de. The application must include a few important documents that are a necessity for the University such as a motivation letter, referee’s details, degree and Curriculum Vitae.
- A motivation letter that clearly shows that the student who is applying has interest in SFB 874. It should also include other details such as previous research work, research interests and, practical experience.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Any certificates that are relevant.
- Relevant Degree.
- Two referees with their names as well as their present address and contact details.