The Google welcomes students from Australia, China, and East Asia to come and apply for the fellowship program. If you are a person who is looking to do research in the computer science and related fields, you should not hesitate in applying. It directly provides support for the graduate students who look up to pursue their PhD and connects them to a Google Research Mentor. The direct invitations for nominations will be sent to the computer science departments and graduate funding offices in eligible universities. The program works under the command of google.org.
Details about fellowship
- Last date for application: 31st May 2019
- Level of studies: PhD programs
- Subject of interest: Research in Computer Science or relevant field
- Award for scholarship: The Australian students will receive 1 year fellowship and a $100K stipend to cover the expenses and research related activities with travel expenses that includes overseas travel, as well as a Google Research Mentor. If you are from China or East Asia, that includes Hong Kong, South Korea, and Japan, 1 year fellowship with $10K US will be provided as stipend and other expenses coverage along with a Google Research Mentor.
- Who can apply: Students from Australia, China, and East Asia (Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan) can apply
- Number of awards: More than one
- Where to take scholarship: The fellowship can be completed in Australia, China, and East Asia
As stated, the nomination requests will be sent to the relevant departments in the universities. The nominated individuals are required to meet the given criteria that includes enrollment in a participation university and acquiring its nomination. Moreover, the student should be full time graduating and must be pursue PhD. The graduate coursework should be completed by the Fall of the year in which the award is given as that is the time when fellowship will begin.
Employees of Google, their spouses, children, and other household members are not eligible. Individuals that already have some support from comparable industry are also ineligible. The fellowship is only available in Australia, China, and East Asia.
How to apply?
The last date of application is 31st May but we suggest you to apply prior to it. Check for the eligibility and other requirements as well as instructions at this link. The universities, for every student their nominate, will be asked to submit a single PDF file that contains his CV, with links to his publications (if any), transcript of academic courses, proposal of research (about 4 to 5 pages, must not exceed 8 pages in length), and at least two to three recommendation letters from relevant individuals. Also, there should be a short 1 page CV of the advisor.Apply Now
For further queries, email at firstname.lastname@example.org