Overview of the scholarship QRNSP stands for the Qatar Airways National Scholarship program which is especially started to provide academic as well as financial support to the students who belong to Qatar. These scholarships are especially available for the postgraduate and undergraduate programs in the educational institutes in Qatar and …Read More »
Why should you Study on Scholarships in Qatar?
One of the first questions that arises in a students’ mind when looking for a good institute to complete their higher education is whether they would adjust in the surrounding environment or not. In the case of Qatar, it has a very welcoming and inviting environment for those who are locals and speak the mother language which is ‘Arabic’ and also for those who are international students and cannot speak Arabic. Students who are not fluent and proficient in Arabic can easily rely on English as it is considered as a second language in Qatar and many speak English commonly.
Moreover, it has a considered as one of the safest countries with the lowest rate of crime.
There is barely any concern regarding the security and safety of its inhabitants as it has a very strict and abiding law system which very effective police and security. As a result, if you choose to study in Qatar taking care of your safety will be one less thing off your platter when living in a foreign country which will only help in keeping you focused and aimed at your studies since living in a foreign country can be difficult taking into consideration that you may be unaware of the customs and the country’s system and workings.
What are the Top Ranking Institutions in Qatar?
Qatar has a very diverse educational system and its institutions in Qatar can be divided into two; the local Qatari Universities and the Foreign Universities in Qatar as Qatar is a home to many overseas institutions.
Local Qatari Institutes are listed as follows:
- Qatar University
- Hamad bin Khalifa University
- Institute for Graduate Studies
- Community College of Qatar
- Qatar Aeronautical College ِ
- College of North Atlantic Qatar
- University Foundation College ِ
But out of all the Local Qatari universities only one stands out in the ranking list which is the Qatar University.
Whereas, out of the Foreign Universities the top ten ranked in Qatar in 2019 were:
- Qatar University
- Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Weill Cornell Medicine in Qatar
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University
- Institute for Graduate Studies
- College of the North Atlantic in Qatar
- University of Calgary in Qatar
- Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
- Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar
- Northwestern University in Qatar
- Georgetown University of Foreign Service in Qatar
How can you Apply and get an Admission in Qatar?
If you are an international student looking to apply in Universities in Qatar then after selecting the university you have chosen to apply to you should visit their website. Every university has different requirements and you have to follow them accordingly. But the basic requirements that every university in Qatar asks for is; firstly, to fill out the online admission form, some may require you to first create an account in order for you to keep up to date with your application process.
Secondly, some universities will also require for you to write out an admission essay or application which is more commonly known as a ‘personal statement’ or a ‘statement or purpose’. Along with it you will be asked for provide official educational documents such as educational transcripts, official test records and test results such as that of SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS and letter of recommendation if required. Moreover, since you are an international student you will also be required to submit your personal information and the required official documents such as copy of passport, ID card and so on.
Lastly, you will have to pay a certain amount of application fee beforehand to get your application process officially started and at times you will also be required to sit for an interview which could be done face to face or on video call if you are residing in a different country. And you can keep checking the status of your application process on the account you made.
Along with applying into the university you also have to start up with the legal process of getting a visa and apply for a student visa.
Scholarships being provided in Qatar
If we specifically talk about a local Qatari University and for instance than an example of the Qatar University, it provides fully funded Scholarships to both national and international students. There are different forms of Scholarships they may be either merit scholarships or non-merit scholarships and they are as follows:
The Merit Scholarships include:
- Islamic and Other Countries Scholarship:
- This Scholarship provides a Full Tuition and Book Fees for Qatar nationals. And a Full Tuition, Book Fees, Round Trip Airplane Tickets, Accommodation for its international students
- The eligibility criteria to apply for this Scholarship is a 5.5 test score in IELTS or a 570 scored in SAT or a 24 scored in ACT.
- H. the Emir of Qatar’s Scholarships for Academic Excellence:
- This Scholarship is only applicable for students who graduated from high schools in Qatar.
- This Scholarship provides a concession of the Full Tuition and Fees.
- The eligibility criterion to apply for this Scholarship is high Grades scored on Qatar Secondary Education Examinations.
- Outstanding Performance Scholarships:
- This scholarship is provided only to students that are studying in Qatar University.
- This Scholarship also provides a Full concession on the Tuition and Fees.
- You are only eligible to apply for the Scholarship if you are academically excellent and have a high GPA.
The Non-Merit Scholarships include:
· GCC Qatari Certificate Scholarship:
- This Scholarship requires for you to be from a country which is a part of The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
- In order to be eligible for this Scholarship you have to have a Qatari high school certificate.
- Moreover, you have to be from a country which is a part of the GCC.
· GCC States Scholarships
- This Scholarship also requires for you to be from a country which is a part of The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- This Scholarship provides for your accommodation and a concession of your Fees.
- The eligibility criterion of this Scholarship is that you have to be a citizen of a country other than Qatar and a country which is also part of GCC.
- Qatari National’s Children Scholarships
- This Scholarship provides a concession on your Tuition Fees.
- In order to be eligible and apply for the Scholarship you have to have Qatari parents who are nationals.