Overview of the Scholarship
Every year, ARES awards offer an average of around 150 master’s level scholarships and 70 internship scholarships for Southern nationals. ARES courses and specialization masters offer applicants the opportunity to do a one-year master or a refresher course in a time of 4 to 6 months, in Federation Wallonia-Brussels institute in Belgium.
For getting this scholarship applicants are required to have good knowledge of spoken and written French. For any training in some other language, the applicant should have good knowledge about the written and spoken language. Candidates also need to agree to learn of the French language to take part in everyday life in the country.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for the application is February 5th, 2021/ 2022
- Course Level: These studentships are offered for applicants aiming to pursue training programs and master’s degrees in Belgium.
- Study Subject: Specialization Masters for 2021-2022 are offered in many different study subjects like human rights, transport, and logistics, public health methodology, among others.
- Scholarship Award: This scholarship award offers 1150 € / month for a 12-month period, 150 €. Award once per stay, 700 €. Award per stay, for DGD fellows there is a reduced rate, covers insurance costs, paid directly by ARES, and includes the interuniversity travel expenses. Amounts for internships vary.
- Number of Scholarships: ARES is offering 70 scholarships for internships and 150 scholarships for masters for Southern internationals.
- Nationality: Developing countries Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility of the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: the countries eligible for the scholarship are, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Burundi, Cuba, Peru, Ecuador, Philippines Ethiopia ( only for training in English ), Cameroon, Senegal, Haiti, Vietnam, Morocco, Madagascar, Niger, DR Congo, Rwanda.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: A requirement of 40 years of age for old courses and less than 45 years of age for internships. Applicants must have a diploma equal to a Belgian university education 2nd cycle degree. Requirements for some courses may differ.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants should have good knowledge of spoken and written French and learn French for everyday life use. For the application for the scholarship, the applicants must fulfill the language and entrance requirements.
- How to Apply: ARES scholarship does not charge any fees at the selection and application stages. Applicants are to fill a single scholarship application form and get admission into any French-speaking university in Belgium.
- Supporting Documents: For documents, all the necessary required files and annexes requested are to be attached with the application. These must be sent correctly stapled together, so no documented loss occurs.
- Admission Requirements: For entrance, the applicants must fulfill the language requirements of the institute. They must display relevant knowledge, have good knowledge about spoken and written French. Applicants must be set for a single training.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to have good knowledge about spoken and written French. For training in other languages, they must have good knowledge of the language.