The American University is inviting the individuals to apply for the Emerging Global Leader Scholarship which is open to international students that are looking to pursue their undergraduate studies. The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is provided to promote the educational access and opportunity and give individuals a chance to step into international universities for learning. Situated in Washington, D.C, US. And affiliated with the United Methodist Church, the university provides distinctive secular curriculum.
Details of Scholarship
- Last date for application submission: 15th December 2020 (extended deadline 15th January 2021)
- Level of study: Scholarship can be taken for undergraduate programs
- Subject of interest: Any undergraduate course offered to you at the American University
- Award for scholarship: The AU EGL scholarship assures coverage for all the billable expenses which includes the tuition fee, room, and board for an international student who is coming to US for studies, preferably on an F-1 or J-1 student visa. However, it does not cover the non-billable ones that include the necessary health insurance, books, airline tickets, and other miscellaneous expenses which are approximately $4000 per year.
- Number of awards: The number of scholarships are unknown
- Who can apply: International students who are looking to study in USA
- Where to take the scholarship: American University, Washington, US
Who is Eligible?
Considering that you will be studying in USA, international students are welcome to apply.
The preference will be given to international students who overcame obstacles and challenges as well as the ones that come from under-presented, underdeveloped, and diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Also, you can create a mark if you have a GPA of 3.8 or above, or is in the top 10% of the graduating class for 9th to 12th grade. Showing some leadership skills, volunteerism, and community services would be appropriate.
Moreover, you are required to display proficiency in English language with 95+ in TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ in TOEFL paper based test which is taken on or before 31st May 2018, or 24+ sub scores for paper based TOEFL taken after 31st May 2018.
You must be graduated from secondary or high school by June 2019. If you are a part of IB system, you should graduate with full IB diploma with a minimum of 3 HL subjects. For those that are studying in British A-levels system, one should complete a minimum of 13 years of study prior to August 2019 with at least 3 A levels to be considered eligible for the undergraduate program at American University.
How to Apply?
AU EGLS has a very competitive selection process and the priority consideration would be given to individuals that complete the AU EGL scholarship application with common application or coalition application and international admissions process by 15th December.
Provide your TOEFL or IELTS results and scan the documents to email them to the university at admissionsdocuments-at-american.edu. ETS or IELTS administration will be called by International Admissions department on your behalf to verify the scores.
In case that you are not accepted for the scholarship, admission offer might still be given. But to continue the process, you have to submit proof of funds which is equal to US $66,717 which is estimated cost for the first year of study at the institute.APPLY NOW