International students can now apply for the Doctoral Training Partnership Scholarship at UNNC and CNITECH in China given by University of Nottingham Ningbo China, UNNC. The first Sino-foreign university to open its doors to China, The institute was established in 2004 and is fully approved by Chinese Ministry of Education for operation under the command of University of Nottingham along with the cooperation of Zhejiang Wanli Education Group.
Details of scholarship
- Last date for application: 15th March 2019
- Level of study: Scholarships are available for PhD program
- Subject of interest: The scholarship will support research projects in the subjects of advanced manufacturing, composite materials, electrical machines and drives, and new material science.
- Award of scholarship: The scholars will receive coverage for tuition fee, accommodation (based on availability), a monthly stipend 3,500 RMB, medical insurance, with all these being covered for 36 months based on the satisfactory progression. Also, the regulations set by UNNC PGR Scholarship Policy are applicable. Moreover, you are permitted to do paid teaching or assistant duties at UNNC.
- Who can take the scholarship: International students
- Number of available awards: 10 scholarships are available
- Where it can be taken: The scholarships are to be taken in China
Who is eligible?
To apply, you should be an international student with first class honors undergraduate degree or should possess a 65% or above for Masters’ degree obtained from a British university or equivalent from any other institute.
The applicant should have proficient English with IELTS 6.5, no sub score under 6.0, or PTE 65 (min 55), or TOEFL iBT 87 (minimum 20 in speaking and at least 19 in other aspects).
Further eligibility details are listed at the entry requirements page.
How to apply?
To apply for the scholarship, you must send all the documents to PHDadmissions-at-nottingham.edu.cn before the given deadline. The documents should be in English. In case that your original documents are not in English, a translated version in it will be required along with the original copy.
Attach a completely filled application form along with the research proposal and a brief CV. Put up copies of degree certificate for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities). Add an official transcript with marks from all individual modules/courses for undergraduate and postgraduate studies and they should be marked with official stamp.
Non native english speakers must add the test scores with their application form and there should be two reference emails sent directly by the referees. Add a copy of ID (both sides) or passport and fresh passport sized photo (e-copy) taken within 3 months of application.Application Form