Overview of Scholarship
New Castle University has been a leading institute in the world of education. It is a people oriented university that strives for providing academic excellence to their students. This university has designed scholarships for highly captivated and enthusiastic students for the PhD degree program. They can pursue PhD degree in the fields of Observational Astrophysics and Cosmology. However, this scholarship award is only eligible for the UK nationals and the EU candidates.
The New Castle University was established back in 1871. It enrolls around 28000 candidates from 140 diverse countries providing them quality education and preparing them for the professional world. This university has built a positive name in the area of research. It is a highly reputed institute that helps candidates gain academic excellence as well as aids in improving knowledge, skills, and abilities of students.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for this application submission is January 7, 2020. Candidates should register before the deadline.
- Institute providing scholarship: Scholarship is provided by the New Castle University located in UK.
- Course Level: This scholarship is eligible for pursuing PhD level education.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship award being given to candidates is £15,009.
- Number of scholarships: Two scholarships are given to candidates.
- Application procedure: Online registration procedure is carried out for application submission.
- Nationality: UK nationals or European Union (EU) candidates are eligible for this scholarship.
- Country providing scholarships: This award can be obtained in UK.
Eligibility of Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: The UK nationals or EU candidates can avail this scholarship award.
- Eligible Courses: This scholarship supports PhD degree in the relative fields of Observational Astrophysics and Cosmology.
- Criteria: Candidates who wants to be considered for this scholarship by the university, they must need to meet the required criteria.
- The candidate is required to hold a first class honors degree in the field of astronomy, physics, or any other area which is a related field of study like computer science, data science, and statistics.
- The candidate must be motivated, enthusiastic to carry research activities. He should be capable of putting individual efforts as well as working in groups.
- The candidate is required to possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate must also have a knowhow about programming.
Candidates are required to issue their portfolio, work experiences and other qualifications including BTEC qualifications, access qualifications, and Scottish qualifications.
Candidates with English as not their first language would need to meet language criteria for being eligible for the scholarship. These candidates would need to submit their IELTS certificate with a band score of 6.5. International candidates will also need to submit Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate in advance to be eligible for this scholarship award.
To be eligible for this scholarship program, the candidates must enroll in the PhD degree at the university. Once candidates have taken admission, candidates have to mail their research proposal to the postgraduate administrator, email: email@example.com.APPLY NOW