Overview of Scholarship
The School of Media and Communication situated at the University of Leeds has put forward three PhD Program scholarship for the academic session 2020-21. This scholarship awards are available to the UK nationals, EU candidates and for international applicants from all over the world. Each year around 9000 students are enrolled in this university for different programs. The institute brings together students from different diverse cultures, and allows them to study under a positive environment.
The University of Leeds is one of the top universities and is listed between top 100 universities in the world. This university is a best choice for students who want to pursue their higher education. It is a well-known university across the globe for its quality education. This is a best place for students that are interested in media and communication studies. Candidates are required to have proficiency in English language in order to be eligible for the scholarship. It benefits students who want to study but do not have enough funds for pursuing their career.
- Application Deadline: Deadline for application submission is February 29, 2020.
- Institute providing scholarship: School of Media and Communication at the University of Leeds.
- Course Level: Scholarship is eligible for PhD program.
- Scholarship Award: This scholarship award would be covering the tuition fee. Also, the candidate would be given £15,243 as maintenance payment.
- Number of scholarships: Three scholarships are available for PhD programs.
- Nationality: EU, UK, and all international students are considered eligible for this scholarship.
- Country providing scholarships: This scholarship is being provided at the United Kingdom.
Eligibility of Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: This scholarship is made available for all international students, the UK nationals, and the EU candidates.
- Eligible Courses: The eligible course for this scholarship is the PhD degree program.
- Criteria: Candidates who want to be a part of this scholarship program should be having a first or upper second class British degree of Bachelors Honors in any particular field. Candidates who have a master’s level degree would be given priority among other candidates.
Language Requirements: Applicants who are from the host country and whose first language is not English, must demonstrate their fluency in English. They must provide some proof that they could understand and study under this language. For being eligible for this scholarship, the university requires following two certificates to demonstrate language capabilities.
- IELTS; Candidates must score 6.5 in writing tests and 6.0 in other tests under IELTS. Candidates are required to submit IELTS test certificate as a proof of proficiency.
- TOEFL; Candidates must appear in an internet based TOEFL test with a minimum score of 21 in listening tests and reading tests, 22 in writing tests, and 23 in the speaking test.
To apply for the school of Media and Communication scholarship program, the candidates must submit applications for PhD program ahead of time.APPLY NOW