If you are in India and want to pursue your graduation and has the required skills and knowledge but suffer from lack of resources, then you must not worry. The Vodafone India Foundation is working hard to ensure that quality education is in the reach of all Indian nationals and for those of you that rightfully belong to the top-notch universities in the country but do not have enough capital to take part in studies they have initiated a program. They are inviting people to apply for the Nurture Merit Cum Means Scholarships that will be granted to the individuals that want to pursue graduation and have good grades supporting their interest in the study but do not have enough resources to carry forward their learning.
The following is initial information, a summary of the scholarship program under which your applications will be processed.
- Application Deadline: 26th March 2018
- Level of Study: The scholarship will be granted to individuals that want to pursue their graduate studies.
- The subject of study: Anyone who is studying in a recognized university for the program offered will be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Scholarship Amount: A total of 20K Indian Rupees will be provided per student by the authorities.
- A number of awards: There are 10 awards in total for students and regardless of who is chosen the individual will get a 20K INR as scholarship amount.
- Where it can be taken: The scholarship is available for Indian citizens that are pursuing graduation in any recognized institute in India.
Before you apply for the scholarships, it is good to make sure that you are eligible for it. There are certain conditions that one has to satisfy. These include:
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- One should be a good student that is undertaking graduate studies in a recognized institute.
- The individual should possess a good academic record with at least 75% marks in last exams in order to qualify for the scholarship.
- The complete income of family per annum from all resources should not be more than 2 lac. If the annual income of the family is above 2 lacs, then he or she would be disqualified.
- A good command over the English language is desired and to testify that the application you will be writing must be submitted in English.
There are three major document requirements from the scholarship granters. These include:
- A certificate of family income to ensure that the annual income is below 2 lac.
- Result card or marksheets for last qualified exams showing that the candidate has scored over 75% marks.
- A proof of identity.
In order to apply for a scholarship, you can visit the official website. You are required to register first and then log in to submit an application. Fill the online form and upload required documents. Submit the application for evaluation and wait for the call. Do note that the providers can make a change in scholarships anytime.