Overview of the Scholarship
University of Queensland, Australia, is an established institute with efficient teaching staff, remarkable facilities, and a notable curricular and extra-curricular environment. It is a public university mainly focusing on and facilitating research projects, hence making it one of the world’s leading research institutions.
It provides its students with amazing opportunities through scholarships and fellowships. The scholarships were originated in 2011 to encourage Indian students to pursue their careers in emerging scientific fields.
- Application Deadline: 30th March 2020
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Study Subject: Bioinformatics (with or without research), biotechnology (with or without research), molecular biology (with or without extensive research)
- Scholarship Award: 50% of the tuition fee each semester for the degree and 100% of the student services and amenities for the number of units in a program
- Number of Scholarships: four, one out of which is awarded to the student applying for a master in biotechnology with research, the program must be of 24 or 32 units
- Nationality: Indian nationals
- Scholarship can be taken in the University of Queensland, Australia
Eligibility of the Scholarship
- The candidate must be from Indian
- The candidate must have submitted an admission application to the university head by the deadline
- The candidate must have scored a CGPA that is 80% or more in seven semesters of the undergraduate program or more than 75% in the whole program to apply
- The candidate must provide proof of being sound enough to live and study as an international student in Australia with the award
- Language requirements: The applicant must score a minimum of 6.0 and an overall 6.5 sub-bands in IELTS or other equivalent language exams
- A supporting reference from your institution
- Copies of all academic transcripts
- A 500-word essay on the expression of interest
- A photograph
Before applying, read the rules and then apply before the deadlines. The deadline for the 1st semester is 31st October each year, and for the 2nd semester, which commences in July, the deadline is 31st March. You can download the application from.
[button color=”blue” size=”medium” link=”https://scholarships.uq.edu.au/scholarship/school-chemistry-and-molecular-biosciences-indian-scholarship#qt-scholarship_tabs-foundation-tabs-2″ icon=”” target=”false”]APPLY NOW[/button]