The government of Canada provides an opportunity to grab 166 scholarships that allow you to pursue your higher studies in Canada. Every year, these scholarships are given according to the Vanier Canada graduate funding program. It is to attract qualified students from international circuit and provide them appropriate opportunities to study in Canada.
- Who can apply: Local and international students
- What to study: subject of your choice
- Level of study: Doctoral studies
- Where to take scholarship: Any Canadian university
- Number of awards: unknown
- Award: $50,000 each year for 3 years course
- Application deadline: 30th September for the individuals who go through Western application in ResearchNet. 31st October for universities who sent their nominated applicants to Vanier Banting Secretariat.
Who is eligible?
The following is the criteria you have to satisfy in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Who can apply: Canadian citizens and other residents of Canada. Foreign citizens are also eligible.
- What to study: You can pursue any doctoral studies in the institute of your choice across Canada.
- Other requirements: Other eligibility requirements include
- No faculty member is allowed to be a part of this scholarship program until the individual arranges for the leave of absence from his or her appointment.
- If you are enrolled, you should complete the program and continue to show satisfactory progress in your doctoral studies.
- One should not hold any current doctoral level scholarship or fellowship.
- If you have held a doctoral level scholarship at any time and point of your studies from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC, you won’t be held eligible for the program.
- Should not be awarded with any other award or program through SSHRC, NSERC, or even CIHR at the current time.
- Students with Michael Smith Foreign Studies Supplement is an exception.
How to apply?
Here are the instructions for individuals that look forward to applying to this scholarship.
One should arrange the copies of academic transcripts along with a CV and a passport copy. The language ability proof is another requirement from the individuals who are looking to apply. You must be referred by individuals with strong profiles as their details would also be required. Also, you are asked to submit the research proposal and a few other additional documents as listed.
In order to be eligible for the admission, you should have completed last 2 years of full-time study with at least 80% numbers or equivalent to it. English proficiency certificate is required which can be either TOEFL or IELTS. The scholarship will provide you $50,000 each year for 3 years course.
For further instructions and details here is the scholarship page.APPLY NOW