Overview of Scholarship
The Widener University Delaware Law School and Widener University Commonwealth Law School are Widener University’s two, ABA-authorized graduate law schools, which had been the two campuses of Widener University School of Law.
The Widener University Delaware Law School offers intriguing scholarships for worldwide international students who intend to pursue a degree of Masters of Law (LLM). The University offers educational scholarships that include tuition grants but only to a limited number of qualified candidates. The scholarships do not cover other expenses such as costs of housing, transportation or books. Despite this, the whole unique educational and cultural experience at the university makes the scholarship worth applying.
- Application Deadline: Currently open for applications. Students are hence encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to students who intend to pursue a Masters of Law program at the Widener University.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn courses in the field of law offered by the University.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship offered on covers the tuition cost on a limited basis and that too only for candidates who are well qualified and have previous education record in the field of law. Other expenses are not included in the scholarship such as costs of living, transportation, books, travel or health.
- Number of Scholarships: A number of scholarships are available.
- Nationality: International students belonging from all countries around the world are welcomed to apply.
- Scholarships can be taken in the USA
Eligibility of the Scholarship
For being able to apply for the Delaware Law School Scholarships, the University has set a strict eligibility criterion that needs to be met in order to avail the scholarships.
- Eligible Countries: International students from all around the globe are welcomed to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The Delaware Law School Scholarship for International Leaders can be availed by international students who have finished the first degree in law from an international law school that is not a USA based institution and that strictly fulfills all the basic academic requirements that enable the graduates to practice law in that particular country. The applicants can only apply for Masters of a law degree, must have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 out of a 4-grade point scale and have at least a score of 83 for TOFEL, or 6.5 for IELTS. In addition to this, the applicant must possess a strong desire to study in the particular program and must have a remarkable history of community work, leadership, and volunteer work. He must also have spectacular oral and written communication skills.
- English Language Requirements: For being eligible to apply, an applicant must have acquired a minimum score of 83 on the TOFEL or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS. The TOFEL and IELTS must have been taken within the two years of submitting the application for availing the scholarship.
The application process is not a hard one and provides with a choice between two options.
- Scholarship can be applied through the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) LLM Credential Assembly Service.
- Scholarship can be applied directly to Delaware Law. This can be done by simply downloading the online application form and submitting it after completion through email.
The documents required from all applications applying to graduate programs include:
- Official undergraduate transcript
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Relevant recommendation letters
Find More International Scholarships for Undergraduate & Graduate Students 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
- No items.