International Scientists and UK nationals can get David Phillips Fellowships 2019 by the BBSRC
Overview of the Scholarship
If you are a young scientist in regard to the current stage of your research career, you are at luck. The David Phillips Fellowships are being offered by the BBSRC to 5 individuals who intend to become independent researcher scientists. The scholarship awards are given out to 5 lucky individuals every year for a period of 5 consecutive years. The candidates who are willing to apply for these awards should have a Ph.D. degree in their respective field, however, none of the candidates should have been an open-ended lecturer or anything of the sort.
Established in 1994 by the Royal Charter, BBSRC is a non-departmental public institute which was incorporated formerly by the Agriculture and Food Research Council (AFRC) including the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences programs of the previous Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC).
- Application Deadline: May 9, 2019
- Course Level: the scholarship program by the BBSRC is being offered to scientists of great academic excellence who are in the young stages of their researches and they aim to build themselves as independent researchers.
- Study Subject: This scholarship program is willing to cover scientists who send in proposals for their availing this opportunity. The proposals can be in any field of science which is under their research. However it will be encouraged for scientists to submit their achievements in the co-curricular activities along with their academic records, such applicants will be appreciated indeed.
- Scholarship Award: Approximately 5 scholarship awards will be offered to eligible applicants. These awards will include up to £1 million which covers the 80% of the full economic cost and the total cost may rise up to £1.25 million covering up the 100% of the full economic cost.
- Number of Scholarships: the BBSRC is offering 5 scholarship awards to eligible scientists
- Nationality: National of the UK and International researcher scientists in the UK.
- Scholarship can be taken in The UK
Eligibility of the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: the nationals of the UK including the international researcher scientist from around the globe are eligible to apply for this scholarship program
Entrance Requirements: individuals who are applying for the scholarship program shall keep it in mind to not have had a position of a lecturer or anything of the sort within institutes other than the university itself. They shall, however, have a Ph.D. degree. Also, the candidates who have a prior record of applying at the BBSRC in fields of principal investigator or Co-investigator, they are whatsoever non-eligible to apply for this current BBSRC scholarship program or any other BBSRC fellowship competitions. The candidates are also required to contain a postdoctoral experience of research of three years before February 2018.
English Language Requirements: international applicants need to provide proof that they meet the English language requirements demanded by the institutes, to be able to apply for this scholarship program.
How to Apply: the mode of application is online for the BBSRC scholarship program on Je-S (Joint electronic submission system). late submissions are strictly prohibited
Documents requirements: CV which should be filled according to the template, Case for support and track record, Diagrammatic work plan, Data management plan, List of publications, Head of Department statement, Justification of resources, and Pathways to impact planAPPLICATION LINK