Are you a computer geek? Do you want to study one of the biggest universities in the Czech Republic? Well, the Masaryk University is offering you a chance to come and pursue your Computer Science studies and be a Ph.D. degree holder. The session starts from September 2018, and the selected individuals will receive special funding. There is a proper system of applying and selection, and two vacant positions are waiting for people that are submitting applications.
The University was founded back in 1919 in Brno. It is the second even Czech University and is a pretty popular institution in the home country as well as a respected university across the globe. You can have an overview of how good it is by knowing that the institute has over 9 departments and there are more than 35K students who have enrolled in various courses. It is also a member of Compostela Group as well as the Utrecht Network that are two humongous computer relevant organizations.
Description of Scholarship
The detailed insight into the award is listed below:
- Last date to submit your application: 18th May 2018
- Level of study: Individuals that want to pursue their Ph.D. are welcome to apply.
- The subject of interest: The scholarship for the Ph.D. in Computer Science topic is available for two different topics. First is the Control of Distributed Multi-agent Systems Under Temporal Constraints and the second is Structural Graph Theory and Algorithmic metatheorems.
- Award of scholarship: The two seats will be funded with a good amount. The value is a serious one and stipend of a minimum of 29.000 CZK, which is equal to almost 1100 Euros, per month will be provided. It includes the standard Ph.D. Stipend along with the extra-departmental expenses that amount to 10K CKZ each month. It is more than what a Czech citizen earns on average per month and will be given to both applicants who have managed to acquire the award. The scholarship would last for 2 years at the start, and after you have completed them successfully, you will be evaluated further to determine your status for next 2 years before handing further award.
- A number of awards up for grab: With these lucrative rewards, there are 2 positions up for you to grab.
- Where to take scholarship: It can be taken in the Czech Republic as it is offered by Masaryk University.
Anyone who is a citizen of Czech Republic is eligible to apply for the award. The individuals who apply are required to show promising talent and strong skills in the concerned areas. They must be good with English, and the application should be submitted in it to determine your level of expertise in the language.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, you should contact the concerned prospective supervisor. The applications that are to be submitted with supporting documents, i.e., their CV, motivation letter, and other relevant certifications are to be sent through an email.